Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Beyond the Scope of News

The most difficult thing I have learned in my 4 years as a Telecommunications news major, is that I don't like news. I don't regularly watch the news-- never have and never will. I respect and understand its importance and role in our society, but it's just isn't for me.

Hence why this blog has nothing to do with news. I think you can study communications in school and learn very valuable lessons that will help you in ANY career you want to enter into. I am also a firm believer in the (cliche) saying: "anything is possible." Just because you studied communications and news in college does not mean you are bound to that profession. At the UF J-School we are equipped with the career and life skills that enable us to succeed in whatever it is our dream job is.

Here are a few of my fellow classmates/Telecom. majors who, like myself, want to veer a little bit off of the hard news track we have been working so long in, and their blogs are about things they are interested in other than news. I'm so excited for them, admire their courage, and can't wait to see all of the places they will go!

Kayla Rumpfeldt

Benjamin Bornstein

Melissa Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment